· Visible particles constitute only about 10% of indoor air.
· Particle visibility depends on the eye itself. In other words, light intensity and quality, background and particle type.
· Particles on furniture and those in a shaft of light are approximately 50 microns or larger.
· It may be possible to see particles as small as 10 microns under favorable conditions.
· Particles of 1 micron or less adhere to surfaces by molecular adhesion.
· Larger particles tend to settle out of the atmosphere due to weight.
· Smaller, "respirable" particles remain suspended in the air virtually indefinitely - until breathed in.
· The average person breathes in about 16,000 quarts of air per day. Each quart contains some 70,000 visible and invisible particles. That's over a billion particles per day that our lungs have to filter out!
· A 9' x 12' carpet or rug will collect an average of about 10 pounds of dust per year!
· 100% of all respiratory ailments and disease are caused by inhaled particulate.
That's right, 100%!
Consider this: If your immune system has to work so hard to protect your body from the air you breathe, how can it protect you from anything else?
We all know electric bills tend to soar in the summer heat, so we're offering a list of ways to lower your electric bill:
Be Aware of Thermostat Settings
Cooling costs can account for 50% or more of your summer electric bill. Set your thermostat at 78 degrees instead of 72 degrees; this can cut a $100 electric bill by 25%. Installing a programmable thermostat can keep your house at optimal comfort levels and help lower utility bills.
Keep Your Outdoor Unit Clean
Grass clippings, leaves and other air flow restrictions around your outdoor unit can cause it to work harder, and use more electricity.
Block Out Sun
Bright sunlight can increase cooling costs by up to 30%. Keep blinds/drapes closed to block out 70% of the heat and 99% of harmful UV rays.
Change Your Air Filter
A clean air filter allows maximum air flow to be delivered; this improves overall efficiency of the unit and helps prevent coil ice-ups.
Consider a New System
If your old system is more than 10 years old, chances are it has a 10 SEER or lower rating. Depending on your usage, it may not take long for a new, high-efficiency unit to pay for itself with energy savings.
We have lots of tips to help chase away the summer heat. Call us today to take advantage of our home cooling expertise.
8120 Erdrick Street
Philadelphia, PA 19136
24/7 Emergency Service:
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU...
SERVICE / MAINTENANCE
In the event your equipment needs servicing, you can have peace of mind in knowing we're nearby and only a phone call away. We also offer very responive 24/7 emergency service. And you'll always get a real person on the phone......
We listen to your air comfort needs and recommend just the right type of heating or cooling system. We are skilled at installing high-efficiency Lennox, Rheem, Goodman and Amana systems that maximize air comfort and minimize utility costs.
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AND EFFICIENCY
Imagine trimming up to 30% off your energy costs. That's possible with today's more efficient Energy Star - compliant systems. Ask us about the latest teechnology for your particular needs.